BUY MORE PAY LESS
4000 Item Items
Warning: Last items in stock!
|2||5%||Up to $3.40|
|3||10%||Up to $10.20|
|4||15%||Up to $20.40|
|5||20%||Up to $34.00|
COZAAR film tablet
It is taken orally.
Microcrystalline cellulose (E 460), lactose monohydrate, pregelatinized corn starch, magnesium stearate (E 572), hydroxypropyl cellulose (E 463), hypromellose (E 464), titanium dioxide (E 171), kamauba wax (E 903), potassium.
1. What is COZAAR and what is it used for?
COZAAR is a blood pressure lowering (antihypertensive) drug in a group of drugs called angiotensin II receptor antagonists (AHA).
Angiotensin II is a substance produced in the body; It binds to receptors in blood vessels, causing them to narrow. As a result, blood pressure rises. Losartan prevents angiotensin II from binding to these receptors, causing relaxation of blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure. Losartan slows the decline in kidney function in patients with type 2 diabetes with high blood pressure.
COZAAR 50 mg film-coated tablets are white, oval-shaped, film-coated tablets debossed with '952' on one side. COZAAR is available in packages of 28 tablets.
• It is used to lower the blood pressure of patients with high blood pressure (hypertension) in adults. High blood pressure means your blood pressure rises. Blood pressure is the force that blood exerts on your blood vessels as your heart beats and relaxes. If this power is too much, your blood pressure is high (high blood pressure). COZAAR allows your blood vessels to relax, thereby lowering your blood pressure.
• To protect the kidneys in hypertensive (high blood pressure) type 2 diabetic (diabetic) patients with proteinuria >0.5 g per day (a condition in which there is an abnormal amount of protein in the urine) and laboratory evidence of impaired renal function.
• COZAAR has been shown to reduce the risk of stroke in patients with left ventricular thickening (thickening of the left ventricle of the heart) and high blood pressure (hypertension) ("LIFE indication").
2.How is COZAAR used?
Instructions for proper use and dose/frequency of administration
Always use COZAAR as prescribed by your doctor.
Your doctor will decide the most appropriate dose for you based on your condition and whether you are taking other medicines.
It is important that you continue to take COZAAR for as long as your doctor prescribes it to maintain regular control over your blood pressure.
Application route and method
You must take it by mouth.
You can take it on an empty stomach or with food.
Take the tablets with a sufficient amount of liquid (for example, with a glass of water) without chewing.
Try to take COZAAR at the same time every day, for convenience and easy recall.
Adult patients with high blood pressure
Treatment is usually started with 50 mg of losartan (one tablet of COZAAR 50 mg) daily. The maximum blood pressure lowering effect is seen 3-6 weeks after starting treatment. In some patients, the dose may subsequently be increased to 100 mg losartan per day (two tablets of COZAAR 50 mg). If you feel that the effect of losartan is too strong or too weak, please talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Patients with high blood pressure and adult type 2 diabetes
Treatment is usually started with 50 mg of losartan (one tablet of COZAAR 50 mg) daily. Depending on your blood pressure response, the dose may subsequently be increased to 100 mg losartan per day (two tablets of COZAAR 50 mg).
Losartan can be used with other blood pressure lowering drugs (eg, diuretics, calcium channel blockers, alpha or beta blockers, and centrally acting agents), as well as with insulin and other commonly used blood glucose lowering drugs (eg sulfonylureas, glitazones, and glucosidase). inhibitors).
different age groups
Use in children
COZAAR has been studied in children. Talk to your doctor for more information.
3. What are the possible side effects?
Like all medicines, there may be side effects in people who are sensitive to the substances contained in COZAAR.
If you experience the following, stop taking COZAAR and tell your doctor immediately or go to the nearest hospital emergency department:
• Severe allergic reaction (rash, itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and/or throat that may make breathing or swallowing difficult).
This is a serious but rare side effect and occurs in 1 in 10,000 to 1 in 1000. You may need emergency medical attention or require hospitalization.
Side effects of drugs are classified as follows:
Very common: occurs in > 1 in 10 patients
Common: occurs in 1-10 out of 100 patients
Uncommon: occurs in 1-10 out of 100 patients
Rare: occurs in 1-10 out of 10,000 patients
Very rare: occurs in < 1 in 10,000 patients
Unknown: frequency cannot be calculated based on available data
The following side effects have been reported with COZAAR:
low blood pressure
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
• Increased potassium regulation in the blood (hyperkalemia)